Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Post #5 Paisanos




Many Topekans know that when it comes to Italian we don’t many  options, there is the chain option Olive Garden and there is the local option Paisanos Restaurante. Paisanos offers a wonderful lunch deal Monday through Thursday, if your whole party is seated by 11:30 and with a purchase of a drink, your entrée is half priced. I personally think it’s a great deal!

I’ve been meaning to do this review for a while now. I first intended to write it in January but after I had a bad experience I didn’t want to write a bad review about a restaurant that I know can be excellent. Then for valentine’s day my parents had taken me to piasanos but I wasn’t prepared to review it and the experience was phenomenal. Then I came in march by myself, the service was absolutely terrible and again the food was terrible. My absolute favorite thing on the menu is the Roman twins.  Which is a combination of sausage cannelloni and cheese manicotti with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, baked with tomato alfredo sauce.




You can see the cheese is barely melted.



The Tiramisu was frozen.


So at this point bad food and service is at a 2:1, but with a class deadline coming up I decide to give it another shot. And it was literally the best service I have ever had. Karissa my waitress was very attentive. She was the first waiter to give me the option to have soup instead of salad. She had my drink refilled before I was done and she didn’t act like I was inconveniencing her. And the Meal was amazing I opted for the Tomato bisque instead of the salad, in the past the salads have been so cold almost to the point of frozen, unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of the soup.

The roman twins were the best that I have had in a while. I’m not sure if it’s the waiters that pull the roman twins out of the boiler but the two times I’ve had terrible service ,the cheese hasn’t been melted, which I personally believe makes all the difference. And for dessert I decided to retry the Tiramisu, I had attempted to try it the last time I was there but it was frozen in the middle and I didn’t want to deal with that waiter to ask for another one. So at this point I am 2:2 for decent service at Paisanos.



This Tiramisu was perfect.


This was the best Roman Twins Ive ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment